Hypnosis Helps Relieve Dental Anxiety

In HYPNOSIS, NATIONAL HYPNOSIS by Jon Miles

*DISCLAIMER: Results may vary from person to person. Hypnotherapy is not a replacement for medical care. All of your care should be supervised by your doctor.

According to studies around the world and the United States 5% to 10% of people in the western world have fear of going to the dentist.

A study in France found – Moderate dental anxiety (6.2%), while (7.3%) had severe dental anxiety giving an overall prevalence of dental anxiety of 13.5%. Canadians found that 9.8% were somewhat afraid of dental treatment, with another 5.5% having a high level of fear. Fear or anxiety was the reason why 7.6% had ever missed, cancelled, or avoided a dental appointment.

There is no reason to struggle if you have any issues at all going to the dentist. Hypnotherapy can help you today.

Hypnotherapy has earned respect within the dental community. In fact the University of Southern California School of Dentistry offers a course in hypnotherapy. Dental anxiety can be eased through the use of suggestion and relaxation techniques. By accessing the subconscious mind, hypnotherapy can also help some patients to control pain, reduce salivation, control bleeding and gagging, and stop teeth grinding, and may aid with breathing problems.

– Gerry Curatola, DDS

Contact Cynthia today if you have anxiety – she can help.